12.17.2005

This is the day

Saturday.

I graduate from college today.

Which, then, allows me reflection on what has occurred over the past two years, and where I might be headed.

The bowling balls are sold. I have a few collectibles...ones that have titles attached to them, plus two or three others. I might have thought I was insane, but now I have no attachment to my recent past. I love the sport, mind you. The one-track mindedness, the focus on personal goals, etc. What I don't like is the requirement (still) for me to flip through pages of my monthly Bowlers Journal and just get upset. How could I be moving forward, and the sport I love get trapped in not moving ahead at all? Its the same old, same old. New faces (sometimes) promoting the same old things. No wonder.....never mind.

I am headed to nursing school in January. Got accepted just after Thanksgiving. More sleepless or almost sleepless nights ahead of studying and worrying about grades, etc. I look forward to it, though. I have forward direction now.

I somehow managed a "B" in Algebra. Must have done really well on my final. Kinda like striking out in the tenth to win a title, but more private. I like it a lot. So, now it is off to Chemistry in January...

Work is wonderful now. I love the hospital life. It is an extended family for me. There is a real-ness to it. I am also past the awkward stage of training and can fit into the flow of the group now during patient treatment. I can anticipate actions, see what needs to be done before being asked. I also am aware I can have days of fumbling, still, though.

I realize I made this blog for beads and my art, and my balance. I wonder if I should move these words to another blog, since beads never seem to be the focus?

With the holidays and the end of another year, I hope everyone is safe and healthy. I almost feel like it is now Christmas Eve, when I was a child; anticipating the joy. It doesn't matter what I get. It is the process I love. The school books are bought, the graduation gown is steamed and ready to go. Let's walk....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home