8.10.2005

Cremains

Going to try to make some beads today. Been working at the hospital so much lately, I haven't had much time for anything else, including studying. I crammed Algebra into my brain for the final exam hours before, and dropped my overall average from a high "A" ot a "B" in one test. Miserable day. My other classes faired well-Summer grades are posted today: Anatomy:A, Sociology:A. Get a week "off" until next week's Fall term starts. Paramedic FL Certification is August 30th, so I am trying to study for this, too.

The focus for my beads now is a solemn one. I had been asked by a friend to make a bead to remember her father, who passed a few years back. She gave me some ashes, and asked if they could be designed into the bead. I had actually brought this topic up recently with the passing of my brother in-law, and had read a few listings on some lampwork sites; it is possible to do. For some this is a strange topic. If done correctly, this could be a beautiful remembrance. I am just a bit nervous "getting it right," so I have been working on basics-shapes, colors, etc, when I get the chance.

August for me is always a "remembrance" month, anyway. My father and others have passed in August, so I go through waves of emotions in this month, anyway. This may be part of the reason why I want to get this bead made during this time, and also why lately I come home from work emotionally drained.

So, it's Wednesday, and I have a lot to do....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home