7.28.2005

The Beginning...

First real day my new site, my new logo, my first Ebay auction are up and running. I am a bit nervous...not because I believe things will not work out, but because it is a big step to jump back into bead-land in a way that I believe represents ME. You see, a few years ago, under the name "kimbocreations," I made a small name for myself in the beadmakers world, then promptly disappeared. Mostly because I really needed to concentrate on my bowling career, but also because it became more about the money, the business of beads, which is NOT the direction I wanted. I did a few shows did some Ebay, and found myself searching for "whatever was hot right now" to jump on the artistic bandwagon. I lost my vision. I vowed to not return until I was right, until the time was right. So, here I am, a few years older and now headed in a new direction in my life.
I never left being a fan of some designers that have carved their artistic niche, and it has been interesting to see how lampworking has just exploded over just the past few years. I live in Cocoa, Florida, and when I started, there was literally me and another lady Terri in the entire county making and selling beads! Now there is a beadmaker with her own store in Cocoa Village, and Art Glass House sells lampworking glass and tools just 4 minutes from my house! My, how times have changed.
My first set back, and now up for auction, is appropriate because of my personal feelings regarding Lance Armstrong. In watching "All that is Lance" over the past few months, one thing is for sure: his work ethic and planning forged cycling into a whole new era of quality. It is this for which I am reminded that it is about the training, the work ethic, and the discipline to find excellence EVERY day of my life, which will propel me in my own forward direction with my beads. From this one reaps the rewards of life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home